About Vittorio Picardo, MD
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at University “La Sapienza” Rome 1978/97
Professor of Ophthalmology and Professor in Postgratuated school at University “La Sapienza” Rome 1986/97
Chief of Day Hospital service at 2nd Eye Clinic Institute of Ophthalmology of University of Rome –“La Sapienza”1986/97
1998-2018 Head of Ophthalmological Dept. at Casa di Cura Nuova Itor – Rome (around 1000 surgeries per year)
Field of interest: anterior segment surgery
During his career he performed more than 15.000 surgeries
- More than 150 articles
- 7 textbooks
- Author of special chapters in textbooks edited by SOI-AICCER-CAMO
- 2 reading newspapers
- Scientific Director of Viscochirurgia Journal
- Attendance to more than 300 congresses in Italy, Europe, North and South America.
- Italian National Congresses from 1980 till today as speaker, moderator, surgeon in live surgery sessions.
- From 1994 member of the organizing committee of Dr. Buratto congresses.
- From 2000 Scientific Secretary Videocatarattarefrattiva Congress